Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

Carpenters Star

Over the past few months i have been working on some carpenters start blocks using this tutorial I found on Cheries blog Sew and So Quilts. Its pretty much all HST and doesn't take long to piece. The only time consuming part of this block is the cutting, pressing and squaring of the blocks. If you work on a few at a time and chain piece it comes together quite quickly.



Here is my progress so far.


  Carpenters star blocks Carpenters star blocks Carpenters star blocks Carpenters star blocks Carpenters star blocks Untitled


I have three more blocks halfway through my sewing machine which need to be finished. 

P.S. sorry for the horrible photos I only had my phone.

What do you think of my effort?

Have you ever made a carpenters star?

3 comments:

  1. I have not made this star, but I think it's awesome! Yours are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie its been really fun to make so far.

      BTW i am looking forward to making a 3 zip-pouch using you tutorial.

      Delete
  2. Hello Jazz,

    These blocks are stunning, good luck with the finishing of this project.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete